List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: loading KConfigBackEnd dynamic
From:       ossi () mail ! kde ! org
Date:       2002-02-21 20:02:03

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 10:09:08AM -0800, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 February 2002 11:36 pm, ossi@mail.kde.org wrote:
> > while we're already at it ... did somebody take care of this?
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=100887427410196&w=2
>
> I looked at it and for some reason didn't change anything partly
> based on the idea that you can always call chmod yourself on the
> file after it has been saved.

yes, but it's a hack ...

at least, it should not use "w", but "r+" when opening the file, so
the already set file mode is preserved.

> The question whether or not the umask settings should be taken into
> account played a role in that.

i answered to this: no (see the end of the original thread).

the major problem i see is the fact, that one must pass backend-specific
info through the kconfig frontend. but as you're refusing to make the
backend pluggable (whatever way), this should not be a problem. :)=
to avoid it, one could introduce these static variables:
int KConfigINIBackend::defaultFileMode = 0600;
bool KConfigINIBackend::overrideFileMode = false;

greetings