List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: dcop problem
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-21 17:57:28

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 10:40 pm, Per Winkvist wrote:
> > Nothing wierd about it.
>
> I just thought the top five lines or so were wiered since they had the
> same file and line numbers as origin :)

Ah, that's a little weird yes, but the function names themselves look valid.

> DCOP: register 'anonymous-9528' -> number of clients is now 14
> DCOP aborting while waiting for answer from 'kdesktop'
> DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-9528'
>
> > The question is why kdesktop doesn't answer properly.
>
> Another thing that I observed is that if I do a:
>
> dcop
> I get a list with kdesktop included
>
> dcopfind kdesktop
> It now hangs
>
> But when I do a
>
> dcop kdesktop
> I get a list from kdesktop
>
> dcopfind kdesktop
> I get the right thing.
>
> And I have to do this right away when X have started otherwise I can't
> trigger it. I have upgraded to XFree 4.2, maby that is the culprint ?

What happens when you do (after starting X) "dcopfind kdesktop" and then in
another terminal do "dcop kdesktop" ?

Does the dcopfind keep hanging? Do you get a response from the dcop command?

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Advanced technology only happens when people take a basic idea and add to it.
 -- Bob Bemer