List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Removing kfind alltogether
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2002-02-19 22:47:46

>On Tuesday 19 February 2002 1:27 pm, Rob Kaper wrote:
>> Now that Konqueror has an ultra-nice embedded file finder, is it possible
>> we remove the kfind application alltogether and have "Find files.." launch
>> Konqueror in file find mode?
>>
>> Often when you find files you want to do something with them anyway, and
>> Konqueror provides much more options for that than kfind ever did.
>
>What is with this desire that comes up every so often to remove perfectly
>working applications? I could understand replacing kfind with a wrapper
>around the kpart used by konq, but I see no reason for removing it (and many
>reasons not too).

Less code, less disc-space= more bandwidth. Besides that, an application less
to maintain.
If konqueror handles the task as good as kfind then there's perhaps no reason
to keep kfind. Why duplicate code?
From a user perspective I think it's better to get used to one interface. Much
less confusing.

Startup times? The question is if the win in startuptime is more worth than
the things I wrote above.

My two cents,
Frans