List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    loading KConfigBackEnd dynamic
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe82 () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2002-02-16 0:05:47

Hi,

at the moment the KConfigBackend is allocated in KConfig (KSimpleKonfig)
and not in KConfigBase. Is there a special reason for or could we move
this code to KConfigBase?
Otherwise when loading the backend dynamic we would have to duplicate
the code in every class derived by KConfigBase, no clean solution IMHO.

The next problem is how to select the single backends for loading. An entry
in a configfile, that is parsed via kconfig makes no sense (hen-egg-problem).
Any suggestions how to configure, save and reread this option?

Sorry if I'm a pain in somebodys neck, but I think having a groundwork of
such a modular config system should be used extensively:)

Ciao,
Tobias
--
In a world without walls and fences who