List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Dedicated KControl app still needed?
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2002-02-16 21:03:57

On Saturday February 16, 2002 05:22, Chris Howells wrote:
> I like this approach because it ehances the idea of how Konqueror is an
> essential application behind KDE. It should also mean the maintenance is
> easier -- we could dump KControl and just work on Konqueror instead.
>
> I'd be very greatful for any comments :)

What's the benefit of this, for users or developers?  Why replace a
specific UI, that can be optimized for its one task of system
configuration, with a file manager?

If there's a real benefit to be had here, I'd love to hear it.  But I read
what you've written, and all you say is that Windows does it.  For those
of us who don't use Windows, please explain why this would be a good thing.

thanks,
--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.