List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: KDE SVG Icon support
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-16 19:34:48

> Screenies:
> http://wildfox.physos.info/kde-svg-icons-1.png <- konqi
> http://wildfox.physos.info/kde-svg-icons-2.png <- kdesktop with 128x128
> icons
>
> Those svg icons are the standard gnome svg icons, just for testing
> The svg icon loader is a rip-off of ksvg, because using ksvg directly
> would be bloat, it also includes a customized "lite" version of libart.

Looks pretty nice,

Niko, you have a Geforce card if I'm not mistaken - so all the rendering is
done with the accelerated driver. Could you disable the acceleration (using
the "nv" driver without GLX and without AGP) to do a speed benchmark between
your standard configuration and "un-accelerated" configuration please? There
are lots of card in XFree support which are not really accelerated and giving
the speed data could be a major detail whatever to decide to put it on not
(aside from the fact that icons are needed to be redesigned to scale
dynamicly).

Other then that - it looks VERY impressive! as always - great work!

Thanks,
Hetz