On Thursday 14 February 2002 19.22, Alex Zepeda wrote: > On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 12:20:51PM +0100, Martin Konold wrote: > > Sorry there is a missunderstanding. I wanted to say that we might > > even consider to enable the new malloc unconditionally because I am > > very much in favour of it ;-) > > Please don't. > > I have lots of confidence in PHK's ability to write a !#@! fast > malloc, and would rather not have KDE second guess these things. If > nothing else, the fbsd malloc is *far* more configurable to aid in > various debugging stuff than the proposed replacement. I already asked PHK, and while I don't think ability is at question,=20 time is. =20 He says there is no objection to us implementing it internally, and said=20 it's probably a good idea, at least for now. =20 And he didn't even threaten me with an axe for suggesting such a thing=20 :) --=20 Lauri Watts