On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 12:20:51PM +0100, Martin Konold wrote: > Sorry there is a missunderstanding. I wanted to say that we might even > consider to enable the new malloc unconditionally because I am very much in > favour of it ;-) Please don't. I have lots of confidence in PHK's ability to write a !#@! fast malloc, and would rather not have KDE second guess these things. If nothing else, the fbsd malloc is *far* more configurable to aid in various debugging stuff than the proposed replacement. IMO the appropiate thing to do here is to push the glibc people to fix it or write/use a better malloc. I'm more than willing to run some test code to back up my beliefs. - alex