List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KToolBar::iconSize()
From:       Scott Wheeler <scott () slackorama ! net>
Date:       2002-02-13 21:18:59

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 12:50 pm, David Faure wrote:

> The value of m_iconSize has to remain IMHO.
> The API, though, could be fixed, so that it returns the actual size, i.e.
> iconSize() would query KIconTheme::currentSize (IIRC) to get the correct
> size. However one would need to check if any KDE app uses iconSize()
> currently, to see if it relies on it being 0 if default - could you check
> that?

The only thing that I found (I greped my entire KDE dir structure) that uses
this is in kanimwidget.cpp:
===
  if (parent()->inherits( "KToolBar" ))
    d->size = ((KToolBar*)parent())->iconSize();
  if (!d->size)
     d->size = KGlobal::iconLoader()->currentSize(KIcon::MainToolbar);
===
As you can see, it has a workaround for this in it that wouldn't be needed
with the suggested fix.

I understand what you're saying about the internals of KToolBar.  I'm still
pretty new at hacking on the libs that I'm learning as I go.  Aside from
staying consistent with other implementations it didn't seem very
straightforward.

Do you want me to come up with a patch or do you want to take care of this?

-Scott