List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: dcop kicker '' restart
From:       Michael Matz <matz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-13 18:27:51

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Lubos Lunak wrote:

> > kicker: SystemTrayApplet::~SystemTrayApplet
> > kdeinit: Got EXEC_NEW 'kicker' from socket.
> > library=kicker.la: No file names kicker.la found in paths.
> > KInit could not launch 'kicker'.
> > kdeinit: PID 1232 terminated.
> >
> > Kicker exits perfectly, but doesn't come back for some reason. Starting it
> > manually again (or on KDE startup) works fine. Is anyone else experiencing
> > the same or is this a local problem?
>
> I renamed the kdeinit module back to kicker.la, so that kdeinit can
> find it again. And I also renamed libkicker.la to libkickermain.la -
> not that I actually understand why there's both a kicker binary and a
> kicker library when some applets/extensions link to one and some to
> the other.

Ugh.  This is going to break on some platforms.  You simply can not link
other programs to modules.  On linux (most arches) it works, e.g. on
NetBSD a.out this breaks (shit this reminds me, that I still have a set of
patches from those folks, which are fairly intrusive... -> end of
february).

Ciao,
Michael.