List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: malloc performance
From:       Martin Konold <martin () konold ! de>
Date:       2002-02-13 10:16:36

On Wednesday 13 February 2002 11:01, Lubos Lunak wrote:

Hi,

>  Anyway a) it will need a configure switch,

Which might be removed sometimes in the future

> b) I bet you won't notice any
> multithreaded KDE apps running slower with it.

I think the very same. I cannot imagine a realistic KDE application which
will show a measurable slowdown. Mainly due to the fact that KDE is normaly
run on single or dual CPU systems for the forseeable future.
(The difference is probably better measurable on 8-way systems)

Regards,
--martin

--
Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
Stauffenbergstraße 107, 72074 Tübingen, Germany