List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KConfigXMLBackend
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe82 () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2002-02-12 12:27:55

Hi,

I've written a KConfigXMLBackEnd and it works already fine for me, but
I don't know if it does the converting between QCString and QString in
the right way, so could somebody who is more familiar with it take a
look on it?

I would like to see it in KDE3.1 when possible but by then the remaining
problems have to be solved:

1) In KConfig the use of KConfigINIBackEnd is hardcoded, so who to make it
dynamic? Someplace there must be decided what BackEnd should be used by
KConfig.

2) When we are using dynamic back-end selection, how to differ the config files.
atm both back-ends write data in different format in a file with the same name.

Any comments, suggestions or objections?

Ciao,
Tobias
--
In a world without walls and fences who
needs Windows and Gates???

["kconfigxmlbackend.tar.bz2" (application/octet-stream)]