List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kicker and resize handle
From:       Ryan Cumming <bodnar42 () phalynx ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2002-02-08 16:19:00

On February 8, 2002 h:18, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> No, there are just some features which don't need to be configurable unless
> many people ask for it.

Personally, I've had a horrible time accidently resizing Kicker, and I was
considering making a patch of my own. I hate to say it, but Windows XP
handles a resizable taskbar extremely well: when the taskbar is resizeable
(not "locked"), it draws a handle above the taskbar to grab on. When one
"locks" the taskbar, this handle disappears, and also prevents one from
moving the taskbar.

Personally, I think something like that (being able to lock both moving and
sizing, with visual feedback as to its state) would make Kicker much less
frustrating to use.

-Ryan