List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    arts messages flooding the desktop
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-02-08 15:21:24

I think arts should be a bit less verbose if there's something wrong. When
starting up KDE I often get 10 - 20 message boxes telling me:

Sound server warning message:

tcp_connect: can't connect to server

or

unix_connect: can't connect to server

Kind of annoying after some time. Additionally there doesn't seem to be
anything really wrong as sound is working just fine.

For the other thing I'm not sure who's to blame. I think it was arts as well.
When starting noatun and you happen to have your mp3 files on some devices
which is currently not mounted you get a message box saying that file xyz.mp3
couldn't be loaded - but I got one for each and every of the few hundred mp3
files I had in my playlist:-|

So it would be nice if arts could shut up a bit;)

Greets

Michael

BTW: Kind of unrelated, but does anyone know what happend to the MMB function
of the scrollbars??