List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KFileDialog, KFileTreeView, KDirLister, something's broken
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-01 11:23:28

On Thursday 31 January 2002 14:12, Klaas Freitag wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Michael Brade wrote:
> > The attached patch fixes it by not calling setOpen which emits the
> > expanded() signal which in turn results in populate. This also prevents
> > KFileTreeBranch::addBranch to immediately start the listing. However,
> > just calling populate() after addBranch() will not open the item, the
> > user has still to click on it. So is there any method to open the item
> > without emitting expanded? (apart from using blockSignals()?)
>
> Hmm, maybe the best solution is not to call populateBranch(). Since the
> population of the branch should not be done until the dir is opened and
> since this is triggered by the expanded signal, the best solution is
> probably to
>
> - call AddBranch to create a new branch
> - do NOT call populateBranch()
So why do we have that populateBranch? What's its intention?

> - get the root item with newBranch->root()
> - call root->setOpen( true ) if desired.
>

> If you agree, I will check it in.
Yes, fine with me. And please change the CTOR of KFileTreeBranch to do the
connections first.

> > Oh, and the patch fixes "the animation is started after it is stopped" as
> > well.
>
> Cool. That bug I saw _sometimes_ and had no idea what the reason was.
:)

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops