Sure, I have no problem with that. Not really sure how I add something in kde-nonbeta (is there a central configure script that I will need to fiddle with for instance). Anybody who can point me in the right direction? /Mauritz GlobeCom AB Richard Moore wrote: >Why use sourceforge? If you put in the kde cvs then you'll get >better feedback from the kde developers. It could either be a >new module, or live in kdenonbeta. > >Rich. > >Henrik Johnson wrote: > >>In response to the long thread here about a week ago regarding >>simplifying for Qt app write who treasure the platform independancy to >>integrate better into KDE projects I just thought I'd let everyone here >>know I've started writing on such a project. I've pretty much finnished >>the [KQ]Application implementation and will get started on >>[KQ]MainWindow. I'll register a project on SourceForge (submitted an >>application for a kqlib project) for now, but hope that you might >>consider adding it to the KDE-libs package when it is finnished since >>this is an itch I'm probably not the only one who thinks need scratching >>even if not all of them subscribe to this list. >> >>The goals of the project is: >> >>1.Low footprint >> >>A couple of thousand lines of code is pretty much my limit. >> >>2.Sourcecode compatible with current KDE/Qt (Starting with KDE3/Qt3 as >>the base) >> >>This off course means the least common denominator of both versions. I'm >>also planning to make it work with reimplementing all virtual functions >>and signals in the original classes. >> >>3.Binary compatible between KDE/Qt version of library >> >>Basically you can install two versions of the same library and get two >>pretty different behaviours of the same binary program. >> >>I think I have thought out a way to make point 2 and 3 to be fullfilled >>simultanously (The virtual functions is a bit tricky, but I think I've >>got it). >> >>Current I can think of the following areas that need implementing: >> >>[KQ]Application >>[KQ]MainWindow >>Standard dialogs >>Utility functions for creating some standard objects (Like >>toolbars/popup menues etc) >>Settings (With Qt only should use QSetting and KConfig in the KDE version) >> >>Any suggestions to what else might be needed is welcome. As all know, >>talk is cheap... Show us the code :). I'll get back to you in about a >>week with a first release which will contain most of the items on the >>list above. >> >>/Mauritz >>GlobeCom AB >>