List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: use of uninitialised fields in KDirLister
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-31 10:31:41

On Thursday 31 January 2002 03:51, Julian Seward wrote:
> KDirLister::setAutoUpdate / ::setDirOnlyMode / ::setShowingDotFiles
> read uninitialised fields in KDirLister, as a result of the behavior
> of KDirLister::KDirLister(bool):
>
> [...]
>
> This happens because KDirLister::setAutoUpdate (and setDirOnlyMode /
> setShowingDotFiles) test the stored value before updating it (why??),
> which matters when the stored value is undefined.
Ups... I thought member vars that aren't pointers are initialized upon
construction with a default value - but they aren't if they are non-classes.

Fixed, thanks a lot!

## this great tool you are using, is it free? if so, where can I get it?

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops