On Thursday 31 January 2002 03:27, Waldo Bastian wrote: > In a cruel twist of faith this actually causes the crashes. You see, "null" > was used as special value and null-items aren't refcounted. So the > destructor of the object that owned these refcounted objects only dereffed > the object if it was != "null", however, after resetting "null" to 0, > object-ptrs which were originally "null" now became != "null" since the > value of "null" changed. So when we later enter the earlier mentioned > destructor and the object still has a pointer to this null object, the > destructor compares the pointer against "null" and incorrectly decides that > it isn't the "null" object and that it should be dereffed. This leads to a > crash eventually, since it now derefs the null object, which it shouldn't, > and which had been destroyed already. > > Fixed in CVS. **YAY!!** You are my hero, Waldo! The crashes are gone! :-)) Thank you thank you! -- Michael Brade; KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2' °--web: http://www.kde.org/people/michaelb.html KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops