List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Got some bugs here
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-01-30 20:11:01

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 20:49, Michael Brade wrote:
> But I found that KFileMetaInfo is using a KStaticDeleter as well - so is it
> possible that one of the static deleters is deleted too early or too late?
> Has anybody a tool for searching already deleted pointers that are accessed
> again later?

I think a good habit would be to do the C++ equivalent of Delphi's FreeAndNil
function, i.e. free the pointer *and* set it to NULL, so the backtrace makes
it instantly clear that you are trying to access a null pointer afterwards.

For the rest I think I'm not the one to ask about these issues :-)

Martijn