List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Got some bugs here
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-30 15:56:14

Hi,

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Michael Brade wrote:
> > On Tuesday 29 January 2002 22:27, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> > > For me a lot of applications crash on exit recently, not only kate. I
> > > can't get usefull BTs though either.  Most crashes seem to happen
> > > somewhere deep in the MetaFile, kparts and klibloader when unloading
> > > libraries.
> > >
> > > Again a static class <--> static class problem ?
> >
> > Ahh, that could be the kdirlister crashes I'm getting here. What is the
> > problem with static objects in libs again?
>
> They lead to crashes ;)
I see ;)

May I ask "why"?

> > KDirListerCache *is* a static object in libkio...
>
> Try to redesign it to not require static objects.  If impossible use
> KStaticDeleter.  Examples are all over kdelibs.
I'm using KStaticDeleter.... */me thinking about the second sentence*
YEAH!! But I guess from your mail that I used it wrongly! Will change and test
it this evening, hopefully the crashes will be gone by then :-)

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops