List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Got some bugs here
From:       Christoph Cullmann <crossfire () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2002-01-29 20:13:57

Am Tuesday 29 January 2002 21:12 schrieb Ellis Whitehead:
> On Tuesday 29 January 2002 14:41, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > just updated my qt-copy/kdelibs/kdebase/... and reinstalled everything
> > (after rm -rf of my old installation).
> >
> > Now I got several problems:
> > - kstyles don't work any longer here (even default qt styles have probs
> > like bad redraw)
> > - kate/kwrite crashs on exit
>
> On my machine, kate/kwrite have been randomly crashing on exit for a while
> now.  Maybe a week?  Sometimes very consistently, sometimes not.  Konqueror
> occationally as well.
The last time we had such crashs, the prob was the deletion of the kprinter
object (don'T ask me why, some weeks ago), the current crash (which is
perhaps the one you had a for a while) I can reproduce very easy, but no
helpfull backtrace :((, it seems not be related to highlighting or something
like that, because it is no matter which kind of files (or no files) you have
opened, sometimes the whole thingy just dumps. Seems to be a big showstopper
for any demo of kwrite/kate.

cu
Christoph