Am Tuesday 29 January 2002 06:48 schrieb Waldo Bastian: > On Monday 28 January 2002 04:30 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > > > If Qt applications have no means of adjusting to the KDE settings t= hen > > > that is a shortcoming of Qt that should be fixed in Qt. Degrading K= DE > > > to overcome that is not the way to go. > > > > well, Qt _is_ the underlying toolkit here ... > > Yes, so? > > > the question is whether or not the KDE apps decide to set their own > > values despite what qt might do (which seems rediculous to me, since > > nothing is gained by doing so; and only breaking look/feel consistenc= y > > for qt-only apps is achieved). another option would be to attempt to = keep > > the qtrc and the KDE style/color/font config entries in sync, but tha= t is > > probably a fool's errand ... > > > > the only "fool proof" mechanism that i can see for achieving style > > consistency between qt and kde applications is by allowing QApplicati= on > > to do its thing, and modify those settings using the kde control pane= ls > > (using KConfig) > > I think we should treat Qt just as we treat GTK. Upon start we can writ= e > out a .qtrc based on the values that we read from our own config files, > just as we do with a .gtkrc. > > KDE applications will continue to read their settings directly from the= ir > own config files, and Qt-only applications can then rely on .qtrc. Seems to be a very clean, efficient solution for the problem in my eyes, = too. cu Christoph > > Cheers, > Waldo --=20 | Christoph "Crossfire" Cullmann | KDE developer | cullmann@kde.org | http://www.kde.org=20