List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: style, color and font changes: now or after RC1/beta2?
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () olympusproject ! org>
Date:       2002-01-29 4:12:35

hi..

> > well, Qt _is_ the underlying toolkit here ...
>
> Yes, so?

yes, so Qt is what KDE is built on and therefore should be worked with not in
spite of ...

> I think we should treat Qt just as we treat GTK. Upon start we can write
> out a .qtrc based on the values that we read from our own config files,
> just as we do with a .gtkrc.

this is a possibility, though it treats Qt as a foreign library as opposed to
a native one ... and it is still a hack; qapplication and kapplication will
continue to set and reset values at application start up.

in any case, I've emailed Matthias Ettrich in the hopes of starting an
informed dialogue with Trolltech regarding their near future plans for
providing KDE support in Qt, and other potential paths...

i'm hoping that by bringing Trolltech into the discussion a solution emanable
to all can be found. namely making Qt more cooperative and less difficult to
work with in this situation.

--
Aaron Seigo