List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: style, color and font changes: now or after RC1/beta2?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-29 5:33:18

On Monday 28 January 2002 04:30 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> the end question is, i suppose, whether or not style/color/font/gui effect
> parity between Qt only and KDE apps is a worthwhile goal. i suggest asking
> a dozen average KDE users whether they'd like their Qt and KDE apps to look
> the same or different. i think you'll find the answer to be a resounding
> "yes they should look the same." at least, that's the answer i kept getting

Nobody doubts that style/color/font/gui effect parity between Qt only and KDE
(and GTK for that matter) is a wothwhile goal. That's not the question here.
The question is whether we want to use a quick and dirty solution that is
inconsistent with how other KDE settings are handled or do we want a proper
solution?

I want a proper solution.

Cheers,
Waldo