List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt-copy updated
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-27 17:48:17

On Sunday 27 January 2002 15:19, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Son, 27 Jan 2002, Michael Häckel wrote:
> > BTW: It did seriously break KMail. I just worked around that. For some
> > reason QListView::clear() does now not only resort the items while
> > deleting is in progress as in Qt-3.0.1, but also try to repaint them.
>
> That sounds broken. Can you please mail qt-bugs about it instead of adding
> yet another workaround nobody understands in 2 years anymore to kmail ?

I sent a mail. Nevertheless, the CVS version of KMail should be always usable
since many people including me use it for their daily work which is nice.

Well, and always people complain, if it doesn't work for just a few hours :-)

While it is fairly easy to use Mozilla and gftp if for example Konqueror is
broken that is not so easy with an application like a mail client which holds
a lot of personal data.

> I'd prefer Qt 3.0.2 but I don't know if it will be released in time. I will
> try to slip the releasing to adjust to it.

Actually it would be nice, if there would be at least a few days between the
release of Qt and the release of the KDE beta which is based on it,
especially since this is supposed to be the last beta. Last time also a few
things broke between a late snapshot and Qt-3.0.1. For example leading spaces
where suddenly ignored when sorting.

Regards,
Michael Häckel