List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    important socket notice (KSocket)
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiagom () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2002-01-26 16:14:25

This is important.

the static function KSocket::initSockaddr and the member functions
KSocket::ipv4Addr and KServerSocket::ipv4Addr will be removed. So, if your
code uses them, please start using KExtendedSocket.

I have committed code to disable them, but they are still enabled for Monday's
tagging, so we don't rush into new untested code. But those functions have
been deprecated since kdelibs 2.2 and I wouldn't want to keep them in
libkdecore.so.4 all the way until KDE 4 just to keep BC.

If you want to disable the code, just define KSOCK_NO_BROKEN. Anything using
those functions will fail with no suitable function.

--
  Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
 thiagom@mail.com