List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt-only KDE applications
From:       <ralsina () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-23 12:10:01

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Neil Stevens wrote:

> On Tuesday January 22, 2002 08:37, ian geiser wrote:
> > the truth is 90% of my clients are on windows, _BUT_  they also want to
> > "evaluate" linux.  they are getting braver every day, but really they
> > have bills too, they have to pay.  they make money off of win32 so
> > abandoning it for linux would be insane.  so haveing KDE support in QT
> > would be a great win for me.
>
> Oh, that reminds me.  Trolltech also wins by this.
>
> So everyone wins but users who want real KDE apps.  Lovely.

Neil, I know you are a "free software fan", and your opinions are based on
that.

This will probably not affect any free software at all.

After all, why would someone develop using Qt if he can develop using KDE?

The only answer I have to that is: he wants his code to be multiplatform.

If he wants his code to be multiplatform, his app is not going to be a KDE
app anyway.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Abeja obrera en Xtech (www.xtech.com.ar)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis. (Carlton, De rerum comoedia)