List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt-only KDE applications
From:       Lars Knoll <lars () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2002-01-22 18:06:18

> > > Yup, and the KDE community is free to support and endorse those apps,
> > > or not.
> >
> > And so is TrollTech.
> >
> > > I'm merely discussing whether KDE should
> > > have special support for your apps.
> >
> > s/KDE/Qt/
> >
> > Neil, you're being as thick as English fog...
>
> I assumed that Matthias was bringing up something he wanted in KDE on a
> KDE development list.
>
> Sorry, I didn't realize this was just another offtopic posting by a
> Trolltech employee to a KDE development list.

Neil it's not. The people at Trolltech (some of the come from the KDE
community some still do active KDE development) and aswell the company itself
_do_ care about KDE. Much more than you might think. And we do care about
having a good relation with KDE and the community.

You might be right that it'll benefit Trolltech to a certain extent, but in my
oppinion writing such a library will benefit KDE even more. Why? Because a
lot of apps that are currently Qt only will get a KDE look&feel. Because we
will ultimately get more applications on our favorite desktop.

We all want KDE to be successful and to be a real alternative to Windows.
Without applications we don't have a chance there. So the more apps we get
(and especially the more _commercial_ apps we get) the better for KDE.

Lars