List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt-only KDE applications
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2002-01-22 17:11:34

On Tuesday, January 22, 2002, at 08:54 AM, Neil Stevens wrote:

> On Tuesday January 22, 2002 06:56, Shawn Gordon wrote:
>> So the short answer is: yes, this would be very useful for us and make
>> our lives much easier.
>
> Make your life bashing KOffice on dot.kde.org, and trying to compete
> *against* KOffice and other KDE apps easier?

oh come on neil, get a grip.  If you take 'bashing' to mean I said that
Koffice wasn't up to HancomOffice (which is true) then you need to look
up what bashing means.

So now you want to restrict freedom for others?  Aren't I free to write
apps?  Aren't there multiple versions of most apps around?  Am I somehow
excluded from this same freedom by you?  At what point does your
ideology stop?  Isn't choice a good thing?  If someone wants to use the
free versions or to buy my versions (and quite frankly I don't think I
have anything that competes with something in KDE that I didn't already
write in the first place, namely Kivio but that isn't even competition).

So let me try to summarize.  Neil is against choice, Neil is against
freedom, Neil believes in magic (hey, isn't that a song?), Neil doesn't
like commercial software companies.