List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KCModule question
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-22 15:14:26

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 16:04, Simon Hausmann wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 04:00:00PM +0100, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
>> function anyway. I am just wondering if we should still move the init
>> stuff to an own  application before 3.0 so we can use KGF everywhere and
>> to get it (hopefully) a bit faster.
>
>What do you mean with moving init stuff to an own application?

Well, I wasn't very precise: I meant splitting all modules where kcmodules
have an init functions. That way, the libloader doesn't need to load the
other stuff (mostly, the _init part is like 10% of the library size) and we
can use KGenericFactory to call the init functions.

Cheers,

</daniel>

--
Daniel Molkentin | The K Desktop Environment | http://www.kde.org