List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Some ioslave errors show in the browser?
From:       jowenn () bigfoot ! com
Date:       2002-01-18 18:23:54

Hi

wrote:
> > On Friday 18 January 2002 18:16, Tim Lee wrote:
> > > Bye the way, I don't think the cd audio
ioslave should emit an
> > > error at all when you simply select
services, this is realy annloying
> > > since if I close my browser with the
services shown then every
> > > browser I open pops that annoying error up
that nobody
> > > understands.  Does konq stat each of the
services or something
> > > even though it isn't going to display them?
> >
> > I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking
about exactly here.
> > (I don't use the audiocd ioslave very much).
> > What's "select services", how does that affect
other windows, and what's
> > the error message (and the relevant debug
output) ?

> The services (button) in konq "Navigation
Panel".  If
> it is selected and shown in the sidebar when you
quit konq.
> If you then restart konq as a file browser then
the "could not
> read /" error from the cd audio ioslave pops up,
even though
> you haven't attempted to browse to the cd audio
ioslave
> at all.  You also get this every time select the
"Navigation Panel"
> from konq's "Window" menu if the services sidbar
was active.

This happens, because the first node in the tree
get's expanded (which was wanted by some users)
and the subdirectory couldn't be parsed.

The same could happen for the lan IO slave, when a
timeout occurs.

I think it's the old bug, which already existed in
the old sideber code, where I took the directory
tree views from. Interesting that I didn't notice
it for some time.

David, I think you wrote much of the tree class,
before I "ported" it. Could you have a look?

Kind regards
Joseph
Wenninger