List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Strange problem with the dirlister/kfileitem/ konqy's listview (or usage problem)
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-18 14:14:40

Hi,

> I've a strange problem when using konqy's treeview in my application, which
> seems to be related to "recent" kio/kdirlister changes
it can't be the kio/kdirlister changes since I didn't commit them yet ;) It
seems something related to KFileItem or KURL misusage but that's just a wild
guess as well.

> #6  0x40ca1660 in QString::operator= () from
> /usr/local/qt//lib/libqt-mt.so.3 #7  0x4076d60b in KURL::operator=
> (this=0x8255cec, _u=@0x8241b3c)
>     at kurl.cpp:804
> #8  0x4076b233 in KURL::KURL (this=0x8255cec, _u=@0x8241b3c) at
> kurl.cpp:375
hmm, KDirLister has nowhere a pointer to a KURL object, only references -
nontheless this looks like KURL::KURL is called with an already destroyed
KURL object.

> #9  0x40187a5c in KFileItem::KFileItem (this=0x8255ce8,
> _entry=@0x818f1c0, _url=@0x8241b3c, _determineMimeTypeOnDemand=true,
> _urlIsDirectory=true) at kfileitem.cpp:96
I really don't understand this one - line 96 in KFileItem is
   bool UDS_URL_seen = false;
here...

I'm sorry but I can't really help any further at the moment :-(

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops