List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KActionCollection proposal
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-01-16 20:00:55

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 04:22:33AM -0500, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> After being immersed in KAction* and KAccel* for a couple months now, I would
> like to make some API suggestions for now and/or the future.
>
> KAccel, KGlobalAccel, and KActionCollection should be merged into one class.
> KStdAccel and KStdAction should also be merged together and merged into
> KActionCollection.  There is a lot of duplicate code between all these
> classes, as well as duplicate data.
>
> 1) actionCollection() is really too long for something that has to
> be typed in for most actions a coder creates.

This is a very silly argument; we all have nice editors like vim with
command completion (as emacs probably has). I never type the full
method/variable name, I just hit ^n after some characters..

IMO the longer the name the better as the description actions() is not really
descriptive and also not unique out there.