List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Support for animated icons (on mouseover)
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2002-01-16 16:10:35

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 05:00:40PM +0100, Matthias Elter wrote:
> I tend to say "yes" but considering the clear "no" from our release dude
> to John Firebaughs kicker auto hide tweaks my opinion is either reject all
> features commits or define clear rules which features may break the
> freeze.

The sooner we get 3.0 out, the sooner we can have tons of commits for lovely
features. And the more we reject, the sooner HEAD will be stable enough for
3.0.

If it were up to me, it's "no" unless it is something that really really
really needs to be done now to avoid BC problems for future KDE 3.x releases.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."