On Tue 15 January 2002 12:30, David Faure wrote: > I agree, and I volunteer to implement "squeezing single words (e.g. URLs) > if longer than the max size for the dialog" in KWordWrap (as well as a mode > for "only word-wrap at spaces" - it currently wraps at any punctuation > sign, since this is necessary for desktop icons. > > KWordWrap requires the caller to give a maximum size in pixels - I guess we > could easily guess it from the desktop resolution (e.g. half of the desktop > width as a maximum). It may be user preference - Percentage of desktop width: 50%, 100% or whatever... > With KWordWrap::wrappedString, you can get a string with '\n' in it, so > it's easy to use the result as the label. > > Waldo, does this sound like an acceptable solution ? > I guess we'd still need the tooltip when a long url is being squeezed in > the middle, I can make KWordWrap return that string (with \n in it), I > guess. What do you think about these two options: http://some.very.long/url/with/a/lot/of/... .../directories/in/the/path.html and http://some.very.long/..../the/path.html with the tooltip. Hm? -- Znudziło Ci się logo w komórce? Wgraj nowe [ http://komorki.onet.pl/dodatki.html ]