List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Word-wrap in message boxes.
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-15 6:58:12

On Monday 14 January 2002 10:07 pm, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> Is this really so difficult to write an algorithm for?  Not that I'm
> volunteering, but I'd rather go with the problems that were existent in
> KMessageBox and see them eventually fixed, rather than continue with the
> seemingly poor tradition of hard-coding line breaks.

Whether line-breaks need to be hard-coded or not is a change of the API which
is rather tricky because you don't get any compiler warnings/errors for it. I
didn't see anyone going over all the dialogs and removing all the linefeeds
after word-break was enabled and we currently don't have a decent algorithm,
so if we want to have dialogs in 3.0 that don't look a lot worse than those
of 2.2 we need a solution now. Whatever direction we go, it will affect
translations so it really needs to be done ASAP.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian@suse.com