On Monday 14 January 2002 02:08 pm, Rolf Magnus wrote: > On Monday 14 January 2002 22:33, Waldo Bastian wrote: > > As of today, KMessageBox does not support word-wrap any longer. > > Any specific reason? I can't see any advantage of not supporting word-w= rap. Well basically our word-wrap isn't good enough. There are a few problems: 1) We don't know how big the messagebox should be. That gets complicated = by=20 the fact that Qt is currently buggy and doesn't provide correct sizeHints= in=20 all situations. Theoretically we can pick any size above the minimum requ= ired=20 size, and the text is supposed to flow into that, but chances are that th= is=20 will look like shit. We also have a bunch of dialogs from 2.2 times that=20 still have manual line-breaks and those are really ugly because it can ha= ppen=20 that they automatically break one-word before the manual break. On the ot= her=20 hand if we use manual line-breaks we can size the dialog to fit the conte= nts=20 (see also 2) and whoever wrote the text can fidle with the line-breaks to= =20 make it a nice dialog that is well-balanced. 2) We sometimes have data that exceeds reasonable width, e.g. think of a = 200=20 character-long URL. We need to truncate that because otherwise we can end= up=20 with a dialog twice as wide as your screen, but that is rather hard with=20 automatic word-breaks and it is very likely that the result will again lo= ok=20 like shit due to single words ending up on a line of their own. Cheers, Waldo --=20 bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com