List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    offering myself as maintainer for knewsticker scripts and the script sdk
From:       bio () gmx ! net
Date:       2002-01-10 13:13:30

 Hello all.
 First of all, I am sorry, that I did not have the time to contribute more
 KDE lately. But with this mail I hope this will change. Some might know me
 from IRC as dmalloc, to others I might be Darian Lanx from the mailing
 lists.

 I have spoken with Frerich and he also thinks, that the knewsticker
 precommand, which can easily execute scripts to feature enhance
 Knewsticker
 should have more attention. This has not been properly promoted, because
 he
 and I did not have the time to maintain such scripts. Due to changes in my
 field of work, I can now afford to look at those scripts. As maintainer, I
 would like to do the following things:

 1.) Overlook the proper use of the built in error handling we introduced
 into
 knewsticker for scripts
 2.) promote this great way to add features to Knewsticker, by annoucing it
 /probably) on the dot, but for sure in the main KDE newsgroups
 3.) Test and commit such tested scripts to the allready available scripts
 4.) pereodically take the new set of scripts from CVS and put them as a
 bvundled download, along with the sdk info ona publically accessable
 website.
 5.) Maybe develop a wishlist with the users, which scripts they might find
 useful.

 All of the above is, of course, a work in progress. There are allready
 scripts
 in CVS, they are functional and feature complete. I have cleaned them
 again
 locally and I spell checvked some of the documentation. Should my offer be
 accepted I will commit them to HEAD and from then on maintain the scripts.

 I hope this is an acceptable offer.

 d. Lanx

 ---
 Si vis pacem, para bellum.