On Thursday 10 January 2002 01:21, Waldo Bastian wrote: > On Wednesday 09 January 2002 03:08 am, Bradley T Hughes wrote: > > On Wednesday 09 January 2002 09:05, Lauri Watts wrote: > > > > After much trial and many unanswered questions, I have a patch to make > > KDE3 work on FreeBSD: > > > > The reason things quit working is because nothing could communicate to > > the dcop server correctly. When ICE bound the listening socket in > > /tmp/.ICE-unix, the last char of the filename got chopped off (because > > the len parameters in the sockaddr and sockaddr_un's were all wrong). > > Now, the thing *I* would like to know is this: why the hell did this > > work on other systems? > > Other systems don't have "sun_len" :-) CVS version should work on > FreeBSD now too. Indeed it does, I wonder why this bug only showed its face now, instead of in 2.x... > I noticed that BSD doesn't use SO_PEERCRED, doesn't it > have that or do I need to include some other header for that? Listed on > Linux under "man 7 socket" There doesn't seem to be any support in FreeBSD atleast for SO_PEERCRED. Nothing in the headers or manpages. > Cheers, > Waldo -- -- Bradley T. Hughes - bhughes at trolltech.com Trolltech AS - Waldemar Thranes gt. 98 N-0175 Oslo, Norway