List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE does not start on FreeBSD
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-09 15:33:22

> > according to the fbsd header it should be
> >   strlen(sockname.sun_path) + 1 + offsetof(sun_path, sockaddr_un)
>
> why the +1?  if you do that, then the len is says the structure is 1 byte
> bigger than it actually is.

/*
 * Definitions for UNIX IPC domain.
 */
struct  sockaddr_un {
        u_char  sun_len;                /* sockaddr len including null */
        u_char  sun_family;             /* AF_UNIX */
        char    sun_path[104];          /* path name (gag) */
};

so how would you interpret this?

greetings

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.