List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Unusable kcontrol
From:       Torsten Rahn <tackat () suse ! de>
Date:       2002-01-07 7:12:27

On Sunday 06 January 2002 19:53, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
>On Sonntag, 6. Januar 2002 18:28, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
>> An other thingy is the order of the modules, I would never search for the
>> settings of kuickshow or konsole in System, shouldn't there be a
>> "Applications" "subdir" ?

The  problem with an "Application" "subdir" is that it's hard to tell what the
user perceives as an application. Is "Konqueror" perceived as an application
or part of the desktop framework/system? What about klipper, kicker,
kcontrol, kcmshell's etc.?
Once you introduce an Application-folder it's really hard to decide which
entries fit in consistently and which don't. We already did have this folder
for a long time in KDE 1.x and IIRC we removed it for this very reason.

Greetings,
Tackat