List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: CVS issues
From:       Christoph Cullmann <crossfire () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2002-01-05 20:49:20

Am Saturday 05 January 2002 21:38 schrieb Waldo Bastian:
> On Saturday 05 January 2002 02:51 am, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > Hiya,
> >
> > has been a while that I had time to test things, now that I have the CVS
> > installed to show it off at CES next week I found some oddities that I
> > would like to point out that I noticed.
> >
> > a) The K menu. The entries show now, by default, as a combination of the
> > program plus the tooltip in the form of e.g.
> >
> > Control Center (bla foo the place where bla)
> >
> > That makes it unnecessarily longer and the mouse movements to get to the
> > next level of menus far longer, besides on deeply structured menus, the
> > menus will cover the whole screen where they formerly didn't. Could this
> > be reverted, or if that is a feature, made configurable and disabled by
> > default ?
>
> The comments will be changed to be shorter.
Exactly, the most comments are shorter now, have done that (not all, but in
the most desktop files in all kde modules). This feature should be default
on, because it is mostly only there for newbie users to give them a feeling
which is the purpose of a app listed in a menu (newbies won't know what
noatun, kooka, kate, and so on are, for them the comments make really sense).
But I would like to a button somewhere in the panel/menu config where advanced
users can disable it, because most users will know there apps after some
weeks and don't need it any longer.

just my 2 cent

cu
Christoph