List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Less toolbar flicker.
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-03 20:36:05

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 06:44:46PM +0100, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Die, 01 Jan 2002, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>
> > the toolbarbuttons to move to their final destination. The following patch
> > prevents that QToolbar shows the toolbarbuttons, instead KToolbar shows the
> > buttons once it has finished building the layout for them.
>
> Looks good, except I wonder why we need our own layouting routines ?

Because QToolBar does not provide an easy API for KToolBar
'features' like stretchable or right-aligned widgets. All it provides
(through the QDockWindow inheritance) is a boxlayout accessor. That
is what KToolBar wraps (one can argue about the beauty of the API
tho, but it's better than nothing :)

Simon