List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Question about KatePart - KTextEditor
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2002-01-01 22:22:38

Am Tuesday 01 January 2002 21:20 schrieb Falk Brettschneider:
> Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> >Hi,
> >as the katepart is the only real implementation of the ktexteditor
> > interface (with all stuff (except the cursor interfaces) working), is
> > there a chance to move it to kdelibs for common use ?
>
> Yes, move it, please!
> You got my permission ;-)
First would need the ok from some main devs ;)

But, other question: to seperate kate and its part cleanly, kate must use the
kate interfaces + klibloader instead of link to katepart.la and use its
headers ;)

the kwrite app allready does that now (works fine, at least here ;).
but the kate app not everywhere (the whole kateview stuff must be pulled out).
But now, after using katepart via libloader in kate (look at katedocmanager.*
how I load it ), kate crashs on shutdown :(((
Any reason for that ? (Don't see the error ;(

cu
Christoph