List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Question about KatePart - KTextEditor
From:       Falk Brettschneider <gigafalk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-01-02 21:10:18

Thomas Zander wrote:

>Its a 800kb library (no -r and -O2), and its not a part that fits in the kdelibs

AFAIK the basic idea was: kdelibs is for sharing KDE stuff without the
need of the KDE-desktop.

I can easily imagine lots of KDE programs using the Kate part sharing it
in kdelibs. If the kate part is cloned in each and every application,
the Kilobyte overhead is much bigger than 800.
Think about the many kwrite copies ghosting around in those KDE programs...

Just my 2 noch nicht umgetauschte Pfennige,
F@lk