List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KXMLGUIClient
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-02 0:31:12

On Tuesday 01 January 2002 03:16 pm, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I believe I've figured out an elegant solution to the KAccel problems I've
> been having with KAction -- but it would require that KXMLGUIClient know
> which QWidget* it's a part of, so that it can pass that pointer to "new
> KActionCollection()", so that actions created on that collection are not
> all placed in one single monolithic top-level-window KAccel object full of
> key conflicts.

I think the reason for lumping them together is that otherwise keybindings
don't work when e.g. the menubar isn't visible.

Of course, the accels for a file-open dialog shouldn't end up in e.g. kedit's
mainwindow, but should be collected in the mainwindow of the file-dialog
itself. Could that be what is going wrong?

I'm not that deep into this KAction stuff.. so I could be way off here.

Cheers,
Waldo