List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    KAccel breakage
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-12-29 15:06:05

Hi,

since the recent changes, KDE is almost unusable for me. Whenever I
press Shift or any other modifier in a lineedit, the first accelerator
that is listening is activated. E.g. due to KApplication::notify(),
pressing a modifier in a lineedit will make all text in the lineedit
get selected.

When I commented out the selectAll-shortcut, the next one was activated
(Ctrl-U == kill line until beginning). Not any better. Commenting out
all of notify() makes it do a "delete word left to the cursor", so it's
really anything that has something to do with shortcuts.

Also Alt-Tab is completely broken for me, it opens the window-menu for
me (like when clicking the upper-left corner of the window-deco).

Please fix this, it's really hard to work with KDE atm :(

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer