List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Update on K*Accel* and friends
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2001-12-29 5:30:22

I just committed about three weeks of local changes to the K*Accel* and KKey*
classes.  The changes to K*Accel* are mostly just restructuring and
simplification.  Documentation is still sparse.  New KKey* classes have been
written, but the X11-specific methods is still use old code.

I put depricated methods in a KDE_NO_COMPAT block, so compilation is surely
broken in some modules where KDE_NO_COMPAT is defined.  Within the last 24 hours
I've compiled kdegames, kdemultimedia, kdenetwork, and kdeutils -- kdeutils
had problems, but they seemed unrelated to my code.  Let me know of
any problems you find before I do.

Martijn -- I've gotten rid of the basePtr() method in KAccel & KGlobalAccel.
There is still a KAccelBase class, but it's completely hidden from the
outside world (i.e., kaccelbase.h as a noinst_HEADERS header).

Internally, emacs-style shortcuts are now functional, but still rough.  There
is no user-interface to set them yet, though, so you have to edit rc files by
hand in order to actually use it.  I've started work on an appropriate
widget, so maybe it'll be working by Sunday.

The shortcuts kcontrol module has a listbox which doesn't update it's display
until you click on it.  Calls to update() just don't do the trick.  Does
anyone know how to really-truely force an update?

The modifiers part of the shortcuts kcontrol modules is still useless.  It
may have to be dropped from 3.0.

Regards,
Ellis