List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: selections in KDE
From:       Benjamin Reed <ranger () befunk ! com>
Date:       2001-12-27 16:13:41

Carsten Pfeiffer [carpdjih@sp.zrz.tu-berlin.de] wrote:
> What's left is: what happens in cases where selecting something
> doesn't automatically go into PRIMARY (e.g. "Copy Link Location")
> or selecting some files in konq and the pressing Ctrl-C. IMHO
> an explicit copy should always go into PRIMARY _and_ CLIPBOARD.

Yeah, I just built the kde3 beta and I had to try 3 times before I
realized that it wasn't getting put in the paste buffer anymore.
I couldn't just right-click, select "Copy Link Location", and then
paste the url in a terminal window with a middle-click, I had to
hit CTRL-V.

This is definitely a usability issue for me, I expect many others
will be tripped up as well.  If I'm using the mouse to copy to the
clipboard, I don't want to have to use a keyboard shortcut or go
to the Edit->Paste to paste in another window...

Just my $.02.

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger@befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/