List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: icon server
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-12-21 3:52:55

On Friday 21 December 2001 03:29, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On to plan B then.. that would be to try to delay loading icons as much as
> possible. E.g. icons used in menu's theoretically don't need to be loaded
> until the menu is actually shown. Konqueror loads about 150 icons on
> startup, (50 of which are for the cogwheel) but I only see about 30 icons
> on the screen. That seems to indicate that we can load about 70 icons
> later.

Another thing: Konqueror displays the original mimetype icon (image.png) even
for files of which we have a thumbnail. Would it be faster to directly scan
whether there is a thumbnail available and in that case not show the
image.png first only to replace it later?

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."